- This event has passed.
Collaborative Black Health Summit: Community Health, Covid-19, and Moving Forward Together
February 26 - February 27Free
In lieu of our Annual Collaborative Health Fair, this year the Center for African American Health will be hosting a virtual Collaborative Black Health Summit: Community Health, Covid-19, and Moving Forward Together on February 26 & 27, 2021. The purpose of the summit is to provide relevant and actionable information, connect attendees to available community resources, create a space of mutual support and connectedness, and showcase various strategies and best practices for helping all achieve their highest level of health and well-being.
This event is FREE and open to everyone in the community! Please join us online from 4 – 9 p.m. MST on Friday, February 26, 2021 and from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. MST on Saturday, February 27, 2021.
It will feature a variety of speakers, presentations, and interactive breakout sessions. Here are some highlights on what to expect:
- Keynote by Dr. Terri Richardson and a panel discussion on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) health and vaccine information featuring Drs. Oswaldo “Ozzie” Grenardo, Sheila Davis & Stephaun Wallace
- A panel discussion with Black Democratic Legislative Caucus of Colorado members featuring Rep. Jennifer Bacon, Sen. James Coleman, Rep. Tony Exum Sr., Rep. Dominque Jackson, and Rep. Naquetta Ricks
- Presentation by Morehouse School of Medicine’s National COVID-19 Resiliency Network (NCRN)
- Entertainment performances (Tony Exum Jr, Mr. Charles Doss & The Let’s Start Dancing Crew, and Saturday opening with Dianne Reeves)
- Data on health/healthcare outcomes and disparities
- How to find and access community resources and assistance programs
- How to stay healthy and socially connected
- Learn skills and receive training and tips for self-care, parenting, health advocacy, and community engagement
To register, please visit: www.whova.com/web/cbhs_202102/
Please consider subscribing to our e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on events and service offerings at www.caahealth.org. Any questions? Please contact Eric Moore at Eric@caahealth.org or 303-355-3423 ext. 112